What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stir Fry with Pasta

Okay, so I loved this meal! That is all there is to it! A while back I bought a bunch of vegtables, because Blake and I were all about being healthy. That was about 2 weeks ago, and I still have those vegtables in my fridge. Tonight I looked up some recipes, and I found one that I had all of the ingredients for!...  a red pepper, onion, carrots, broccoli, etc. I was thrilled, because I needed to use all of those ingredients before they went bad. I was just thinking that the meal would be okay, because it was all healthy, but guess what? It was delicious!! :) Blake even liked it! :) A lady told me a couple months ago that whole grain pasta and red peppers together burn fat. I've been wanting to make red peppers and whole grain pasta for awhile. This recipe called for them both, so overall it was a perfect meal! :)

Stir Fry with Pasta


Ingredients

10 oz. or 1 package of penne pasta, dry (I used whole grain)
1 packet (or 1 ounce) of hidden valley dressing ranch mix
4 chicken breasts cooked and cut up in strips
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 red pepper sliced into strips
1-2 cups of broccoli florets
1 cup of carrots cut up in strips (I used baby and cut them in halves and fourths)
1 onion cut up (strips or i just chopped it all up)
1 cup grape tomatoes cut it halves (I didn't have these, so I used 1 can drained stewed tomatoes)
 1/4 grated parmesan cheese (optional, I totally forgot to add this)
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley (optional, I forgot to add this too!)

  • Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
  • While pasta is cooking, put olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add vegtables, expect the tomatoes, and ranch mix. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes, chicken, and chicken broth to vegtables. Stir and continue to cook about 5 more minutes, or until vegtables are a crisp tender.
  • In large bowl combine and stir the cooked pasta, vegtables, and chicken. Sprinkle with the cheese, parsley and more oil (If wanted. I didn't, but only because I forgot). It is delicious!! :)
I also saw my pineapple sitting there, so I cut it up and had fresh pineapple with it. It would be really good if the pineapple was grilled and added to the recipe! Next time! Which will be soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment