What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Monday, May 30, 2011

T's Favorite Roast

When Blake and I first got married I found a recipe for cooking our Sunday Roast; I have used it ever since. We like our roast falling apart. It is delicious! Also, so easy!

Roast

I should've taken a picture before I took it out of my Crockpot, because it is impossible to get it out without it falling apart.

Ingredients

Roast (we like the sorloin tip roast)
2 cups water
1 package brown gravy mix
1 onion soup mix

Place roast in Crockpot. (I usually just take my roast out of the freezer, or the fridge if I remembered to put it in there the day before. I don't brown it or anything though.) In separate bowl add water, the package of brown gravy, and onion soup mix. Mix those ingredients. Pour on top of roast. Cook on high for 6 hours, or low for about 8 hours. So yummy!

You can also make gravy out of the drippings and mixes that are left in the Crockpot. I attempt everytime.. sometimes it works out okay, and sometimes it does not... at all! So if you figure out how to make gravy with the mixture in the Crockpot.. let me know! :)

1 comment:

  1. Chad made gravy with the juices, he just added cornstarch. It was delicious

    ReplyDelete