What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Monday, May 30, 2011

Garlic Red Potatoes

So a while back Blake and I ran out of Gary's potatoes! Sad day! So, we decided to try red potatoes. I remember eating them at the house before, and they were so yummy! I see recipes with them and always want to try them. So, today I decided to make them with our roast. I really liked them, and ate all of them (not joking)... Blake was not a big fan. He couldn't decide if it was because I didn't cook them long enough, or if he didn't like the garlic flavor. I think his verdict was that I didn't cook them long enough, because he would lick the flavor of the garlic, then take a bite and lick just the potatoe, and he said that it was just the potatoe he didn't like.... oopps! Next time I will do better. Like I said, I am only a wanna be cook!

This got way good reviews and I really liked them, so i'm posting the recipe even though Blake was not a fan. I know that you guys will cook them better anyway!

Blake trying to decide if they were good or not :)


Don't be fooled by this picture... he looks like he likes it, but he didn't even eat the last bit of that one.


Ingredients

2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
1/4 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 lemon, juiced (I used 2-3 TBSPs lemon juice)
parmessan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place potatoes in 8x8 baking dish. In a bowl combine butter, garlic, salt, and lemon juice. Pour over potatoes, and stir to coat. Sprinkle cheese over potatoes. Bake covered for 30 minutes, and then uncovered for another 10, or until golden brown. (Or cooked! :) )


No comments:

Post a Comment