What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Apple Snicker Salad

On Sunday, Blake and I had three of Blake's teammates over for a big Sunday dinner. We had the traditional roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, etc. PLEASE! mom, post a step by step gravy rule, because I stink at making gravy! It would be much appreciated! :) Anyways, I decided to make this salad, becasuse I thought these boys would just love it! After everyone dished up, I looked at the salad, and it hadn't been touched! I mentioned to the boys (jokingly) why no one wanted the salad. They asked what it was and said that they would get some on their second round. Blake told me that it was a dessert! Ha, I just laughed and said that my family ate it as part of the meal, and had a separate dessert. I don't know if I should label this in desserts though, I think that's pushing it. :) They liked it though (once they ate it!) but I still was surprised that they didn't eat it all. We still had about half of this little bowl left, by the time 4 boys ate. Oh well, maybe it's a girls salad! :)

Apple Snicker Salad


Ingredients

The amount of each ingredient depends on how big you want to make the salad. I did:

about 3 cut up apples
1 small container of whip cream
about 8 snack sized snickers

Just cube the apples. Cut each mini snickers into about 8ths. Put in bowl. Add enough whip cream to cover the snickers and apples. I then sprinkled a little bit of the snickers on top. Serve or refridgerate until served.

No comments:

Post a Comment