What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pesto Chicken Penne

Blake and I really liked this!! Easy and yummy!!

Pesto Chicken Penne

Ingredients

8 ounces penne pasta
1 envelope pesto sauce mix
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup olive or vegtable oil
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
shredded parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, whick together pesto mix, milk, and oil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add chicken; heat through. Drain pasta. Add to the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
(This made enough for Blake and I. I wish I would've doubled it for left overs.)

Side note: I've decided to do the 30 day shred with Jillian. I did it before getting married, but decided to start it again, and try to do it everyday. Blake was wondering what it was, so I turned it on for him. He was trash talking and saying how easy it would be. He was dripping with sweat (on the carpet) within the first 10 minutes. Love him!



6 comments:

  1. What brand Pesto mix did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiara! I have been wanting to start the 30 day shred! did it work??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad does the 30 day shred too!! He is a true beleiver! It totally kicks our butts. You should try it Summer, it's awesomely hard ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom... I will dig through my garbage for that! :)
    Summer: It kicks my booty! It was so funny, because Blake totally thought it would be so easy, but within 5 minutes he was like, "Who is this lady?" ha, I was laughing SO hard. We woke up and did it this morning together, and were both sweaty by the end. It is a way good workout, and great way to start out the day! We'll see how I look after the 30 days! :)
    Britt: I told Blake how Chad does it and really likes it, and I think he realized why after he did it the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom: The brand is Knorr, and it's just Pesto Sauce Mix. It's in a packet... like where you would find the different gravy packets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used Knorr Pesto Sauce Mix

    ReplyDelete