What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Friday, May 13, 2011

Beef Enchiladas

One of my favorite food blogs to go to (besides our's of course) is a blog called the sister's cafe. I have been wanting to make enchiladas with the red sauce anyways I did last night and loved them. I didn't use a roast though I just used hamburger because I didn't look at the recipe until 4:00 p.m. and Jimmy was coming home at 5:30.

Jen’s Frozen Beef Enchiladas
submitted by Erin ~ www.thesisterscafe.com


1 eye of round roast

1-2 cans Red Enchilada Sauce, depending on how big the roast was
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (estimate)
1 can diced green chilies
tortillas (about 15)
1additional can red enchilada sauce (use when ready to cook)
additional shredded cheese

Leave the roast in crock pot all day with a cup or so of water or beef broth. After about 7 hours on high heat, it shreds apart super easy.
Add red enchilada sauce, cheese, and green chilies to shredded meat. Put meat mixture in tortillas and roll them up. Place in freezer bag. When ready to cook, arrange in a casserole dish (10 enchiladas fit in a 9×13 pan), pour 1 can of red enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for about 35-40 minutes. Serve with spanish rice; garnish with shredded lettuce and sour cream.

1 comment:

  1. Car, I have also been wanting to make these kind of enchiladas! I am so excited to try these! Thanks for the posts! They're awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete