What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sweet and Sour Spareribs


This is a recipe I have brought to my family from my Mom, Grandma Carolyn Lyons.
Step 1. Buy boneless spareribs and then cut them into chunks and brown them in a frying pan.
Step 2. put your browned meat in a dish to bake in the oven.
Step 3. Make this sauce : 1/2 cup sugar + 1/2 cup brown sugar + 1 cup ketchup + 2/3 cup vinegar. Pour the sauce over the browned meat, cover tightly and bake slowly @ 325 degrees for 3 hours or turn it down and go 4.
Step 4. Check it after 2 or 3 hours and IF the sauce is still runny you can add 1/2 cup cold water and 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch to thicken before you serve it. But... when I made it today, alot of the moisture had cooked out of it and it was too dry so...
I winged it and added 1/2 cup cold water, 1/4 cup br. sugar and 1/3 - 1/2 cup ketchup. I baked it another 1/2 an hour and it was Deeelicious! I may of just improved it. :0)








I only made enough for 4 but if you make more, double or triple the sauce.


Serve over rice.
I love you girls... Keep up the good cookin'
(Mom is just trying to keep up with her awesome girls!)


No comments:

Post a Comment