What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Banana Drop Cookies



One of my best friends, Shari, gave me this recipe and it has become a family favorite!!

Ingredients:
1 cup soft shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2)
1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar added to enough milk to add up to 1/2 cup will make a good substitute for buttermilk).
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
Cream shortening, sugar, and eggs.
Stir in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla.
Measure flour and blend in soda and salt
to the flour. Stir into creamed mixture.
Blend in nuts. Chill one hour in fridge.

Heat oven to 370F. Drop rounded spoonfuls
2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes.

Frosting: 1/3 cup soft butter or margarine
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
about 2 Tbsp. milk

Blend butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla and milk.
Beat until smooth.

***This recipe makes alot, so I always half it.

1 comment:

  1. Blake knew it wasn't going to be good when he showed me this post! :) Ha, he had to hear me tell him just how much I want a baby! :) I LOVE this post, and LOVE baby Brynn! She looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete