What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Friday, May 20, 2011

Cereal Bars

I've decided that I'm just a wanna-be cook. Ha, my food and treats never quite turn out the right way. Blake's mom, Angie, is a very good cook and makes the best cereal bars! I know this because she sent some home with us on our way back to Washington one time, and I ate almost all of them! They are delicious! Mine don't look us pretty as hers though! :( My m&m's melted while I was stirring the ingredients, so you can no longer tell that there was m&m's in them. Shoot! I will try to get better at that! I made these for Blake, Matt, and Andrew also. I was scared that I wouldn't have enough treats for them, but they are hardly touching the treats! I hope it's just because they are just not hungry, and not because they turned out bad!

Cereal Bars


Ingredients

4 cups cherrios (any kind works)
2 cups rice krispies
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup m&m's
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup peanut butter

Mix cherrios, rice krispies, peanuts, and m&m's in bowl and set aside. Boil sugar and corn syrup until sugar dissolves, then remove from heat. Add vanilla and peanut butter to boiled mixture until smooth. Stir liquid mixture into the dry mixture until evenly coated. Spread in a 13x9 baking dish. Let cool, then serve! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment