What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Crescent Stuffed Broccoli and Chicken

So tonight we were trying to decide what to make for dinner. I bought some broccoli a couple days ago, and wanted to use it before it went bad. I'm not a big broccoli eater, but bought some, because a couple recipes I had looked at a week ago called for broccoli. By the time I bought the broccoli I had forgot where and what the recipes were. :) I asked Blake if he knew of any kind of dinner recipe that called for broccoli. He suggested a recipe that his mom would make that had "some stuff and broccoli in crescent rolls". So I looked some recipes up, and Blake and I decided on one to try. It turned out pretty good. I felt like it was missing a little something, so next time we'll think of something to add. If you have any suggestions, or try making and adding something else... let me know how it is! :) I also should've left it in a little bit longer, so the crescents were a little more crispy, next time! :) I will definetely make this again. It was very easy and quick.

Crescent Stuffed Broccoli and Chicken




Ingredients

3 oz. cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 can crescent rolls
9 oz. fresh or frozen broccoli, cooked and chopped
2 cups cooked chicken
Cheese to top it off

Cream the cream cheese and cream of chicken soup. Add broccoli and chicken. Lay 1 can of the rolls out in 2 rectangles. Add half of the mixture to one rectangle, and the other half to the other rectangle. Then top it off with cheese. Then add the other can of rolls to the top of the two rectangles; pinch the edges together. Bake according to the directions on the crescent rolls or bake until brown.

2 comments:

  1. That looks good T!! I'm thinking we need side icons now that include main dishes, desserts, breakfast, etc. so we can easily look up past recipes. Do you think you would know how to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty good! Just cook it until it looks a little bit darker! :) Your turn to post your banana drop cookies! I know I don't have a clue how to do that though! You should try to figure it out! :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete