What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Saturday, April 30, 2011

German Pancakes

This morning I asked Blake what he wanted for breakfast, because he usually gets to choose every morning. Today though, was different. I got up at 7 to be to Zumba at 8; no one showed up. Ha, I should be embarrassed, but I'm not. I don't blame people for sleeping in on Saturdays. I went home and was going to go back to bed for an hour and then be at Curves to teach a 9:30 class. Instead I decided to spiff up our apartment. It was not the least bit dirty (or at least what dirty is like here) but there were just a few dishes that needed to be put away, a few dishes that needed to be washed, a blanket not folded, and just a few other things that could be put where they belonged. So, when I got home from Curves at 10:45... poor Blake hadn't eaten anything yet. I asked him, and then immediately suggested german pancakes, because they are not hard at all to clean up. (Basically, no grease to clean up) He was okay with my suggestion.... i think. Ha, so today he had german pancakes! After, I started feeling a little bit bad that I had chosen for him, so I made a smoothie to go with it to make it up to him.

German Pancakes





German Pancakes

2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt

Melt the butter in a 9x13 pan in the oven that is set at 400 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together, then pour on top of the melted butter. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. add toppings of your choice. (Blake puts powdered sugar, then jam, then syrup :) )
(This recipe can also be baked in an 8x8 pan, or you can also double it and bake in the 9x13 pan, but it comes out a little bit thinner if you follow how we did it. Blake prefers it like this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment