What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Thursday, April 28, 2011

T's Healthy Smoothie -- Blake's Eggs' in Holes'

Okay fam, I'm starting to think this is my blog! I am the ONLY one posting things! Come on! I know you all have lives, but I get on here constantly to check if anyone has posted anything! So the first person to post a recipe might just be my favorite for a while! :) Guys... this whole blog thing might just take up my whole life. I have SO much to do today! I just got done at Curves and at the school..(Just found out I got a 4.0 my document formatting class, so happy because I won't have to retake it.) :) and guess what!? I have a visitor coming today, and it just happens to be one of my bestest friends! Yes, Britni Pena is coming to my apartment TODAY! You guys should feel a little bad, because a lot of you guys haven't even come see me! :) Haha, totally just joking! I love you all and don't blame you for making the LONG drive! But I am absolutely thrilled that Brit and Andrew are coming to stay with us. They were going to stay until Sunday, but Andrew's grandma passed away :( and the funeral is on Saturday, so we only get to see them for about a day. Andrew is going to come try playing with Blake's basketball team! I am so excited! Anyways, so back to me having so much to do, I have to clean a very messy, cluttery, stinky (we have neighbors that smoke and it somehow gets in here) house. I also have not visit taught this month, so I might just have to whip up a treat to take to them. I also have to teach dance tonight! (What am I doing on the computer!?) I knew I shouldn't post breakfast this morning, because frankly I have 0 time, but I knew if I didn't I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it. Yes, this blog has taken over my life! :) So usually, I hate getting out of bed, no nothing has changed since I got married, but today I was excited because I had to take the extra time to take pictures for the blog. Therefore, I got up about half an hour earlier! :) I am selfish, and I always have to eat something before I start on Blake's breakfast. I am usually always craving an apple when I wake up, so that's the first thing I ate, and then I made myself a smoothie! I love smoothies!! I couldn't eat my whole: eggs, or egg sandwich, with my smoothie, because if I go to Curves too full I don't feel too well while working out. So an apple and smoothie had to do this morning.

T's Healthy Smoothie






INGREDIENTS

1 yogurt (I had a strawberry-banana 4 oz activia! :))
fresh or frozen fruit (I used frozen strawberries and a fresh banana to go with my yogurt)
flaxseed (optional)
spinach (optional)

Put in a blender all together, and it makes a yummy, healthy smoothie! I would've used spinach, but didn't have any. At first the sound of spinach in my smoothie scared me, but it really is good, and a good way to get more vegtables in your diet! :)


Blake's Eggs' in Holes'

INGREDIENTS

1-3 tablespoons of butter
3 slices of bread with the middle cut out
3 eggs
3-6 slices of bacon (I used 3, but wish I would've done more. Blake likes bacon!)
salt and pepper
shredded cheese

*First off I put my bacon on the griddle
* Then I cut the holes out of my bread. The size of that measuring cup was perfect, but you could also use a glass cup or something of that sort. :)

*Then I put butter on the other side of the griddle; to prepare for my toast
* I then layed the three toast in the butter and cracked an egg in each hole. (Make sure the pan or griddle is hot) then salt and pepper the eggs. I also put a fork in the eggs, because Blake likes it better that way; but you don't have to.

*I then let them cook a while, and also keep an eye on the bacon, then flip the toast over.

*Then I put the put the bacon and chesse on, and let the cheese melt while the other side of the toast is cooking.


 * Blake got out the syrup to put on! Ha, needs a little sugar to top it off! :) But first, I made him take a bit, so I could get the picture of the egg in side.  
 Blake and his drenched eggs' in holes' and strawberry milk! :) I L.O.V.E him! :)
Also, don't mind our pictures! I have wanted a nice camera since we got married, but even more now that I started taking pictures of food! :) Also, Blake is my editor and goes through all my spelling and grammar mistakes; there are a lot. :) He is at school though, so sorry if it doesn't make very much sense. :) Love you all! Can't wait for your recipes to get up here! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment