What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

Today I decided to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, because I thought it would look good on the blog! :) I also wanted to make it, because Blake needs some good food once in a while. It has been so hard to make good dinners every night, because I've been trying to stay on top of my school work (mom you should be proud). Then when we get home from school around 2 or 3, I just want to relax with Blake! :) I am a big time "need some lovin' time kind of girl" :) I love just sitting on the couch, with Blake holding me, and talking! :) It's my favorite! You can only imagine, ha, it's mainly me talking and Blake just saying "yeah", or saying a couple words here and there. :) Ha, I am, sadly to say, the talker in our house! :) But Blake is such a good trooper, and listens to all I have to say!

Ha, sorry I don't know how I got off on all that, but back to the FOOD topic, and why I have a hard time cooking a good meal lately... It has been hard lately, because after all my talking it's usually time to get ready to teach at Curves or teach dance, then I'm off to teach Zumba. So tonight we just had a short "lovin' time" and then I made myself get up and make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo! Usually it turns out very pretty, but for some reason it wasn't too pretty tonight. : /  It could be because I was talking on the phone to my wonderful sister, Britt, and not paying attention to my burning butter, or it could be because I have cheap pans, or Blake was looking at the recipe and thinks it could be because I wasn't stirring constantly like I was supposed to. But Blake and I decided we would take a picture of it anyway. I didn't get a chance to eat it, because I was off to Curves, but Blake said it was good. He said that it was a little sticky, probably because I didn't stir CONSTANTLY! :) But I was talking to Britt on the phone, and that was way more important! So don't mind the picture, because it's not what it usually looks like, but I'm going to post it anyway.


INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter
2 TBSP cream cheese
1 pint heavy cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt
pepper
2/3 grated parmesan cheese (preferably fresh)
1 lb cooked fettuccine
2-4 grilled chicken breast

In a medium saucepan, melt butter. When butter is melted, add cream cheese. When cream cheese is softened, add heavy cream. Season with garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 15-20 over LOW heat, stirring CONSTANTLY! :) Remove from heat, and stir in parmesan. Serve over hot fettuccine noodles. :) With cut up grilled chicken breasts on top.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for ruining your meal T!! You should've kicked me off the phone. It looks great though, and I'm excited to try it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making this! It looks soo yummy!

    ReplyDelete