What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Friday, October 7, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies... made with whole wheat :) (Blake doesn't even know!)

You can skip this part and go straight to the recipe if you don't want to hear me ramble. :)

I'm back! Oh it's been too long! I am just getting back into my normal routine of baking and cooking. I will catch you up on our summer. We had a wonderful summer in Mud Lake, Idaho. We were so fortunate to be able to live with the Skidmore family. They are SO good to us! Farming was an adjustment....to say the least. Good thing I had Angie, Jade, and Cass to keep me company. Blake is TRYING to get me convinced that we're going to farm and live in Mud Lake the rest of our lives..... but I'm not convinced yet. :) I think I'm just use to dad's lifestyle of getting home at 3:30 everyday and having his summer and holidays off. I realized how much I love that dad and mom worked so hard, and were able to have time off in the summers and holidays. Over the summer I've learned that farmers are hard workers!! I love that my husband is a hard worker, but a part of me wishes that sometimes he would just not work so hard! haha. No I'm just kiding... well kind of, but really not really. I am trying to convince Blake that an administrater is where the job is at! Ha, dad would totally disagree, but I just would like to know when Blake was going to be home, and that that time was going to be before dark. I did do pretty good (at times :)) with him working so hard. Other times... not so much. Ha, some of you were fortune to witness that. :/ .. sorry about that. But overall the summer was good. It was good for me to learn how to be OKAY without Blake, but also made me realize that he needs a job that he only has to work a few hours and day, and can take time off whenever, and maybe even work at him! :) Ha, I wish!!! Maybe one day... like when he retires! Anyways, I love him and am so grateful for the hard worker he is! That is just how much I love him. I am gone from him for an hour and seriously get sad. He is just my favorite!! :) I know that he will be good at whatever he decides to do! Well back to summer... it was great, but I did miss cooking and baking. Hopefully I can be good at posting now! Washington is great, but I sure do miss you all, and hate hearing about you all getting together without Car and I. Now just get up here and come visit us. :)

Recipe! Blake loves Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and so I wasn't surprised that that's what he wanted tonight. He just finished his applecrisp last night, so I get to make another treat! Once a treat is finished I make another one, but I won't let myself make treats if there is already one that hasn't been finished. Because of this... I beg Blake to finish whatever treat he has, so I can make something else. I tried not to let Blake see that I was a little disappointed when he said that this is what he wanted, because I remembered that I should post something, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are already on here. I decided to make a different recipe, and he loved them. Well he said they were good, but he's not too good at being thrilled or excited about anything, so I have to pretend he loved them! Ha, but he really liked them. I hope they're good, because I am going off of what he says!




Ingredients

1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
1/4 cup canola or vegtable oil
1  cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsps vanilla

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsps baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups oatmeal


Preheat oven to 375. Combine melted butter, oil, and sugars. (I just used a spatula to mix all my ingredients.) Mix in eggs and vanilla. Add and mix well flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Then, fold in chocolate chips and oatmeal. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. (I just did a greased cookie sheet.) Bake for 7-10 minutes, depending on if you want a softer or crispier cookie. ENJOY! 


1 comment:

  1. I really love the commentary's Tiara. It makes the food blog so much more exciting! Keep it up T. Love you!

    ReplyDelete