What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Monday, December 3, 2018

Seeet and Sour Spareribs
This recipe is from my Mom Carolyn.  We had it when I was little and I really like the unique flavor and the tender meat.
 I buy Country Style boneless Pork ribs. They are usually in strips. I chunk them up and then brown them in a skillet or Dutch oven.

You are going to slow cook these in the oven.

Sauce
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
Cook sauce for 15 minute
Add cornstarch and water (like 1/2 cup water and 2 Tbsp cornstarch mixed together ) to thicken the sauce. Pour over meat.
Cover with tinfoil and cook 1 hour @ 350 degrees.
Serve with rice.

(I am currently making this and planning on cooking it for 2 hours at 300) if it’s a disaster I’ll repost.

No comments:

Post a Comment