What's Cookin??

Appetizers (1) Bread (7) Breakfast (8) Dessert (22) Drinks (1) Main Dish (40) Side Dish (14) Vegetables (7)

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sweet and Chunky Chicken




I have always loved this recipe!! Mom made Sweet and Chunky chicken a lot when I was still under her roof, and she actually got the recipe from Chad's grandma, Mary Jean. Little did I know, she would become family one day.

Ingredients:
3 lbs. Chicken
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. salt

Cut chicken, sprinkle with garlic and pepper. Let stand 1 hr. or more in fridge.

1 beaten egg
4-6 Tbsp cornstarch

Dip in egg, then cornstarch and brown in frying pan set to med low.
Put browned chicken into baking dish, and pour this sauce over top:

Sauce:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
3 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp soy sauce

Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour uncovered.

Serve with rice.
(I usually half this recipe but don't half the sauce. It seems like this sauce is just enough for half the recipe. It's good to have some to mix in with your rice.)

1 comment:

  1. I was just checking out the blog and wanted to let you know... I LOVE your blog and I am really proud of you and please keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete